3DCA – 3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR – Programme in English
3DCA - 3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR - Programme in English -
Type de formation Bachelor
Durée de la formation 1 year Full Time including a 2 months internship in France or abroad
Niveau Requis AUDIENCE• Students with 2 years of studies after high school in the fields of 3D computer graphics or a minimum of two years’ professional experience in these fields• Proficiency with one of the 3D reference softwares : Maya, 3DSMax, XSI or Blender• Be able to take 3D courses in French and English• No age limit
Coût de la formation
Full time: 9200€ for EU nationals, 13300€ for non-EU nationals (possibility of obtaining CROUS grants)
In continuing education: 13300 € (funding under the new provisions of the Professional Future Act: transitional CPF, CPF, Pro A).
Allow on top a 200€ budget to come to Paris during the speed-recruiting organised at the end of March
Année de création
Reconnaissance du diplôme
Bachelor with professional recognition.
The year long continuous assessment is terminated by an individual presentation to a jury of professionals. The students’ receive their feedback on their personal work and their internship experience.
Stage(s) durant la formation
Mandatory 2 months continuous internship.
Projet de fin d’études
Graduation project : Production of an individual demo reel highlighting the skills acquired in animation
This training is intended for self-taught animators or young people who have started a training course in 3D or computer graphics and who wish to improve their skills in order to be specialized in 3D character animation. Supervised by professionals working in renowned 3D animation studios, the programme is built around practical simulation exercises to develop command of directing, movement and acting. This training is provided on the Annecy Campus.
• Body mechanics
• Animation styles: from realism to cartoon
• Animation of characters: humans, animals and toons
• Facial expressions and lip synchronisation (for dialogues)
• 3D Layout
• Develop your creativity technique in animation
• Different 3D animation techniques: methodology and practice
• Conferences of international experts on animation
The courses are taught partly in English and partly in French (bilingual teachers).
• 100% employment rate 6 months after graduation
• Demo reel to facilitate integration to the labor market
• Practical exercices to complement the pedagogical progression
• GOBELINS is a member of RECA (the French Animation School Network) and of IPAX (the US network of schools recognised by Sony Pictures)
• High-level faculty members, professionals coming from well-established studios
• International mindset necessary to gain skills required to work on multicultural projects / multicultural contexts (courses and conferences in french and in english)
• Participation in two speed-recruiting events organised specifically for the last year GOBELINS students: one in Paris in March, the other during the Annecy festival in June (more than 50 companies participate)